jeudi 21 juillet 2011

Philadelphia cheese

I found what i have been looking for, here in France: some philadelphia ( creamed cheese,i think) Well you can use it for cooking and for baking. Today, I did the recipes which were with the cheese.

Vegetables philadelphia muffins.


1 teaspoon oil for the cake tin
200 gr Philadelphia "garlic and herbs"
1 sachet mixed frozen vegetables
250 gr flour
2 eggs
1 sachet baking powder 11gr
a pinch of salt
1- preheat oven 180°C
2-mix flour,baking powder,eggs,salt and 150gr philadelphia
cook the vegetables, when cold mix with other ingredients.
3- put in the baking tin and the rest of philadelphia on top, bake for 20mn.
They say for 12 muffins, but i had 10.
Philadelphia cheesecake.


Serves 8.
Preheat oven 170°C
100gr (bastogne LU biscuits, french ones) i use Digestives Mc Vities
400 gr philadelphia(nature)
50gr butter
50 cl cream
4 eggs
50gr sugar
4 soup  spoons red fruit jam (but it's not enough)
Reduce the biscuits into powder add melted butter. Put the mixed butter and biscuits in the mold.Mix philadelphia,cream,eggs and sugar(i add a lemon juice).Then pour on top of the biscuits and finally add the jam on top.
Bake for 40mn and leave it in the fridge for four hours.Mine is in the oven now!
you need a special baking tin the bottom can separate to get the cheesecake out.
I have melted the jam, but i have to add some more as you can see.

15 commentaires:

  1. Hi Catherine,

    So glad you are able to buy Philadelphia cheese and it is so good for making cheese cakes and muffins. Thanks for sharing the muffin recipe.
    I am now following you.

    Happy evening
    Carolyn

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I made some yummy lemon and cream cheese biscuits the other day! Isn't it a great ingredient? I have some left over so I might make these on the weekend. Thanks for the recipe!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. So yummy. My children love to spread cream cheese on their toast, and add a tiny bit of jam. Love cheese cakes, and your muffins look devine.
    Maureen

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. yum
    yum
    yum
    I have the BEST pumpkin cheesecake recipe ... from the Susan Branch
    "Autumn" book ...

    nice to meet you

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. The garlic and herbs really makes this sound tasty! ♥

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Bonjour Catherine...well that's the limit to my french I'm afraid.
    Just visiting you're blog for the first time ~ it's so pretty ♥
    Isn't it great when you find the things you need overseas...I was on a mission for three years to find Paxo! The stuffing here just wasn't the same and I nearly resorted to making my own. But now my local supermarket stocks it!
    I love the idea of Philly Muffin's and they have that too, so guess what I'll be making tomorrow.
    Looking forward to visiting again :D

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello, Catherine
      I have now become a follower of both of your blogs. AND one of the Kraft Cheese Manufacturing Corporations, where they make Philadelphia cream chesse is about twenty miles (30 kilometers?) from where I live, here in California. In fact, our next door neighbor worked there for many years. The muffins look scrumptious!
      Thank you for sharing!
      Oh, you may want to check your settings for comments as I had to change mine on the Dashboard from 'embeded' to 'full page' as the normal comment window would vanish. Several other Blogger members have experienced the same problem. Changing the setting corrected it.

      Supprimer
  7. Beautiful Post and blog. I'm a follower of both of your blogs now. So glad we found each other. Thank you for your comment and looking forward to more of your inspiring posts!

    Jody

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Hello, I loved everything I saw here ... always turned,

    kisses

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Hallo, ik ben Emmy en heb zojuist jou blog ontdekt. Gefeliciteerd met de recepten en alles wat je onderneemt.
    Groetjes,

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Yummy! They really look good I must try one!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Hoi Catherine ik kwam via via op jouw heerlijke blog terecht en heb er een post over gemaakt zodat er nog meer blogsters van kunnen genieten. Fijn weekend groeten Emmy

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Among my passions cooking takes one of the first places!!
    I hope to have soon a little more time to read and try these "attractive" recipes of yours !!
    Good day
    Dany

    RépondreSupprimer