lundi 27 septembre 2010

Salted Muffins: pear and blue cheese

This week end, we have tasted for you a salted muffin, very tasty! A pear and blue cheese muffin.You may use "Fourme d'Ambert cheese or " Roquefort"
For 8 to 10 muffins
Bake for20mn 180°C- Th6- 350°F




1 big ripe pear (une grosse poire mure)
100 gr Fourme d'Ambert
5 pieces of coriander
2eggs
10cl fermented milk or liquid yogurt
4 soup spoons  olive oil (tablespoons)
150 gr wheat flour
2cuillères à café (teaspoons)baking powder
salt and pepper


Cut the pear and cheese into small pieces


In a bowl mix the eggs,the milk or yogurt,olive oil,the flour and baking powder until you obtain an homogeneous dough.
Then incorporate the pear and cheese, salt , pepper and coriander.
And bake for 20mn ;These muffins are very good with a salad  seasoned with walnut oil and vinegar!

5 commentaires:

  1. Never had cheesey muffins before....so will give them a try! They sound delicous!!

    Have a great week!


    Niocla (who is already the greatest fan of your muffin blog!)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I can just imagine pears and blue cheese in a muffin; so original that is just has to be good. Bonne semaine Catherine.
    Rita

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. i just discoverd your beautiful new blog! i'm crazy for muffins and this is an absolute muffin temple! thanks so much for creating it! i will be your fix reader!
    justyna

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oh my, Catherine! These look heavenly. I am going to have to try these. How nice for a weekend lunch. In fact, i may need to also try the recipe using apples and sharp crumbly Vermont cheddar cheese. I'll let you know if it works.

    I love your new blog! -- Cass

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Oh Catherine these look delicious! I was wondering why you hadn't posted any more recipes and here I had forgotten to put your blog on my sidebar! Now I have to go through all your recipes to see what I've missed. I'm glad I figured this out before I missed any more. Have a wonderful day. Maura :)

    RépondreSupprimer